Surah yasin (سورة يس) is chapter 36 of the Noble Quran. This surah has 83 verses. It is also written in English as Yaseen or Ya-sin. The name of the chapter comes from the two letters of the first verse of the chapter.
|Name:||Yasin, Yaseen, Ya-sin|
|No. of Verses:||83|
|No. of Rukus:||5|
|Position:||Juz 22, 23|
|Translation by:||Mohsin Khan (Source: Quran Auto Reciter).|
Surah Yasin Arabic
(1) Ya-Sin. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
Wal qur a_nil hakim
(2) By the Qur’an, full of wisdom (i.e. full of laws, evidence, and proofs),
In naka laminal mursalin
(3) Truly, you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are one of the Messengers,
Ala_ sira_tim mustaqim
(4) On the Straight Path (i.e. on Allah’s religion of Islamic Monotheism).
Tanzilal azizir rahim
(5) (This is a Revelation) sent down by the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful,
Litunzira qaumam ma_ unzira a_ba_ uhum fahum ga_filu_n
(6) In order that you may warn a people whose forefathers were not warned, so they are heedless.
Laqad haq qal qaulu ala_ aksarihim fahum la_ yuminu_n
(7) Indeed the Word (of punishment) has proved true against most of them, so they will not believe.
In na_ jaalna_ fi ana_qihim agla_lan fahiya ilal azqa_ni fahum muqmahu_n
(8) Verily We have put on their necks iron collars reaching to the chins, so that their heads are raised up.
Wa ja’alna_ min baini aidihim sad daw wa min halfihim sad dan fa agsaina_hum fahum la_ yubsiru_n
(surah yasin verse 9) And We have put a barrier before them, and a barrier behind them, and We have covered them up, so that they cannot see.
Wa sawa_ un alaihim a anzartahum am lam tunzirhum la_ yuminu_n
(10) It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe.
In nama_ tunziru manit taba’azikra wa hasyiyar rahma_na bil gaib fabas sirhu bimagfiratiw wa ajrin karim
(11) You can only warn him who follows the Reminder (the Qur’an), and fears the Most Gracious (Allah) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise).
In na nahnu nuhyil mauta wa naktubu ma_ qad damu_ wa a_sa_rahum wa kul la sai in ahsaina_hu fi ima_mim mubin
(12) Verily, We give life to the dead, and We record that which they send before (them), and their traces and all things We have recorded with numbers (as a record) in a Clear Book.
Wadrib lahum masalan asha_bal qaryah iz ja_ ahal mursalu_n
(13) And put forward to them a similitude: the (story of the) dwellers of the town, [it is said that the town was Antioch (Antakiya)], when there came Messengers to them.
Iz arsalna_ ilaimus naini fakaz zabu_huma_ fa’az zazna_ bitsa_lisin faqa_lu_ in na_ ilaikum mursalu_n
(14) When We sent to them two Messengers, they belied them both; so We reinforced them with a third, and they said: “Verily we have been sent to you as Messengers.”
Qa_lu_ ma_ antum il la_ basarum misluna_ wa ma_ anzalar rahma_nu min sai in in antum il la_ takzibu_n
(15) They (people of the town) said: “You are only human beings like ourselves, and the Most Gracious (Allah) has revealed nothing. You are only telling lies.”
Qa_lu_ rab buna_ yalamu in na_ ilaikum lamursalu_n
(16) The Messengers said: “Our Lord knows that we have been sent as Messengers to you,
Wa ma_ alaina_ il lal bala_gul mubin
(17) “And our duty is only to convey plainly (the Message).”
Qa_lu_ in na_ tatay yarna_ bikum la il lam tantahu_ lanarjuman nakum wa layamas san nakum min na_ aza_bun alim
(18) They (people) said: “For us, we see an evil omen from you: if you cease not, we will surely stone you, and a painful torment will touch you from us.”
Qa_lu_ ta_ irukum maakum a in zuk kirtum bal antum qaumum musrifu_n
(19) They (Messengers) said: “Your evil omens be with you! (Do you call it “evil omen”) because you are admonished? Nay, but you are a people Musrifun (transgressing all bounds by committing all kinds of great sins, and by disobeying Allah).
Wa ja_ a min aqsal madinati rajuluy yasa_ qa_la ya_ qaumit tabiul mursalin
(20) And there came a man running from the farthest part of the town. He said: “O my people! Obey the Messengers.
At tabiu_ mal la_ yas alukum ajraw wa hum muhtadu_n
(surah yasin verse 21) “Obey those who ask no wages of you (for themselves), and who are rightly guided.
Wa ma_ liya la_ abudul lazi fatarani wa ilaihi turjau_n
(22) “And why should I not worship Him (Allah Alone) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned.
A at takhizu min du_nihi a_lihatan iy yuridnir rahma_nu bidur ril la_ tugni an ni syafa_atuhum sai aw wa la_ yunqizu_n
(23) “Shall I take besides Him alihah (gods)? If the Most Gracious (Allah) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever, nor can they save me?
In ni izal lafi dala_lim mubin
(24) “Then verily, I should be in plain error.
In ni a_mantu birab bikum fasmau_n
(25) “Verily! I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!”
Qiladkhulil jan nah qa_la ya_laita qaumi yalamu_n
(26) It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): “Enter Paradise.” He said: “Would that my people knew
Bima gafara li rab bi wa jaalani minal mukramin
(27) “That my Lord (Allah) has forgiven me, and made me of the honoured ones!”
Wa ma_ anzalna_ ala_ qaumihi mim badi min jundim minas sama_ I wama_ kun na_ munzilin
(28) And We sent not against his people after him a host from the heaven, nor was it needful for Us to send (such a thing).
In ka_nat il la_ saihataw wa_hidatan fa iza_ hum kha_midu_n
(29) It was but one Saihah (shout) and lo! they (all) were still (silent,dead,destroyed).
Ya_ hasratan alal iba_d ma_ yatihim mir rasu_lin il la_ ka_nu_ bihi yastahzi u_n
(30) Alas for mankind! There never came a Messenger to them but they used to mock at him.
Alam yarau kam ahlakna_ qablahum minal quru_ni an nahum ilaihim la_ yarjiu_n
(31) Do they not see how many of the generations We have destroyed before them? Verily, they will not return to them.
Wa in kul lu lam ma_ jamiul ladaina_ muhdaru_n
(32) And surely, all – everyone of them will be brought before Us.
Wa a_ya_tul lahumul ardhul maitah ahyaina_ha_ wa akhrajna_ minha_ haban faminhu yakulu_n
(33) And a sign for them is the dead land. We give it life, and We bring forth from it grains, so that they eat thereof.
Wa ja’alna_ fiha_ jan ja_tim min nakhiliw wa ana_biw wa faj jarna_ fiha_ minal uyu_n
(34) And We have made therein gardens of date-palms and grapes, and We have caused springs of water to gush forth therein.
Liyakulu_ min samarihi wa ma_ amilat hu aidihim afala_ yaskuru_n
(35) So that they may eat of the fruit thereof – and their hands made it not. Will they not, then, give thanks?
Subha_nal lazi khalaqal azwa_ja kul laha_ mim ma_ tun bitul ardu wa min anfusihim wa mim ma_ la_ yalamu_n
(surah yasin verse 36) Glory be to Him Who has created all the pairs of that which the earth produces, as well as of their own (human) kind (male and female), and of that which they know not.
Wa a_yatul lahumul lail naslakhu minhun naha_ra fa iza_ hum muzlimu_n
(37) And a sign for them is the night. We withdraw therefrom the day, and behold, they are in darkness.
Was samsu tajri limustaqar ril laha_ za_lika taqdirul azizil alim
(38) And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.
Wal qamara qad darna_hu mana_zila hat ta_ a_da kal urju_nil qadim
(39) And the moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk.
Las samsu yan bagi laha_ an tudrikal qamara wa lal lailu sa_biqun naha_r wa kul lun fi falakiy yasbahu_n
(40) It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.
Wa a_yatul lahum an na_ hamalna_ zur riy yatahum fil fulkil mashu_n
(surah yasin verse 41) And an Ayah (sign) for them is that We bore their offspring in the laden ship [of Nuh (Noah)].
Wa khalaqna_ lahum mim mitslihi ma_ yarkabu_n
(42) And We have created for them of the like thereunto, on which they ride.
Wa in nasa nugriqhum fala_ sarika lahum wa la_ hum yunqazu_n
(43) And if We will, We shall drown them, and there will be no shout (or helper) for them (to hear their cry for help), nor will they be saved.
Il la_ rahmatam min na_ wa mata_an ila_ hin
(44) Unless it be a mercy from Us, and as an enjoyment for a while.
Wa iza_ qila lahumut taqu_ ma_ baina aidikum wa ma_ khalfakum la’al lakum turhamu_n
(45) And when it is said to them: “Fear of that which is before you (worldly torments), and that which is behind you (torments in the Hereafter), in order that you may receive Mercy (i.e. if you believe in Allah’s religion – Islamic Monotheism, and avoid polytheism, and obey Allah with righteous deeds).”
Wa ma_ tatihim min a_ya_tim min a_ya_ti rab bihim il la_ ka_nu_ anha_ muridin
(46) And never came an Ayah from among the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord to them, but they did turn away from it.
Wa iza_ qila lahum anfiqu_ mim ma_ razaqakumul la_hu qa_lal lazina kafaru_ lil lazina a_manu_ anutimu mal lau yasya_ ul la_hu atamahu_ in antum il la_ fi ala_lim mubin
(47) And when it is said to them: “Spend of that with which Allah has provided you,” those who disbelieve say to those who believe: “Shall we feed those whom, if Allah willed, He (Himself) would have fed? You are only in a plain error.”
Wa yaqu_lu_na mata_ ha_zal wadu in kuntum sa_diqin
(48) And they say: “When will this promise (i.e. Resurrection) be fulfilled, if you are truthful?”
Ma_ yanzuru_na il la_ saihataw wa_hidatan takhuzuhum wa hum yakhis simu_n
(49) They await only but a single Saihah (shout), which will seize them while they are disputing!
Fala_ yastatiu_na tausiyataw wa la_ ila_ ahlihim yarjiu_n
(50) Then they will not be able to make bequest, nor they will return to their family.
Wa nufikha fis su_ri fa iza_ hum minal ajda_tsi ila_ rab bihim yansilu_n
(51) And the Trumpet will be blown (i.e. the second blowing) and behold from the graves they will come out quickly to their Lord.
Qa_lu_ ya_ wailana_ man baatsana_ mim marqadina_ ha_za_ ma_ wa’adar rahma_nu wa sadaqal mursalu_n
(52) They will say: “Woe to us! Who has raised us up from our place of sleep.” (It will be said to them): “This is what the Most Gracious (Allah) had promised, and the Messengers spoke truth!”
In ka_nat il la_ saihataw wa_hidatan fa iza_ hum jamiul ladaina_ muhdaru_n
(53) It will be but a single Saihah (shout), so behold they will all be brought up before Us!
Fal yauma la_ tuzlamu nafsun sai aw wa la_ tujzauna il la_ ma_ kuntum tamalu_n
(surah yasin verse 54) This Day (Day of Resurrection), none will be wronged in anything, nor will you be requited anything except that which you used to do.
In na asha_bal jan natil yauma fi sugulin fa_kihu_n
(55) Verily, the dwellers of the Paradise, that Day, will be busy with joyful things.
Hum wa azwa_juhum fi zila_lin alal ara_ iki mut taki u_n
(56) They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones.
Lahum fiha_ fa_kihatuw wa lahum ma_ yad dau_n
(57) They will have therein fruits (of all kinds) and all that they ask for.
Sala_mun qaulam mir rab bir rahim
(58) (It will be said to them): Salam (peace be on you) – a Word from the Lord (Allah), Most Merciful.
Wamta_zul yauma ay yuhal mujrimu_n
(59) (It will be said): “And O you Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners, disbelievers in the Islamic Monotheism, wicked evil ones)! Get you apart this Day (from the believers).
Alam ahad ilaikum ya_ bani a_dama al la_ tabudus saita_n in nahu_ lakum aduw wum mubin
(60) Did I not command you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaitan (Satan). Verily, he is a plain enemy to you.
Wa ani budu_ni ha_za_sira_tum mustaqim
(61) And that you should worship Me [Alone – Islamic Monotheism, and set up not rivals, associate-gods with Me]. That is the Straight Path.
Wa laqad adhal la minkum jibil lan katsira_ afalam taku_nu_ taqilu_n
(62) And indeed he (Satan) did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did you not, then, understand?
Ha_zihil jahan namul lati kuntum tu_adu_n
(63) This is Hell which you were promised!
Islauhal yauma bima_ kuntum takfuru_n
(64) Burn therein this Day, for that you used to disbelieve.
Alyauma nakhtimu ala_ afwa_hihim wa tukal limuna_ aidihim wa tashadu arjuluhum bima_ ka_nu_ yaksibu_n
(surah yasin verse 65) This Day, We shall seal up their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their legs will bear witness to what they used to earn. (It is said that one’s left thigh will be the first to bear the witness). [Tafsir At-Tabari,]
Wa lau nasya_u lathamasna_ ala_ ayunihim fastabaqus sira_ta fa an na_ yubsiru_n
(66) And if it had been Our Will, We would surely have wiped out (blinded) their eyes, so that they would struggle for the Path, how then would they see?
Wa lau nasya_ u lama sakhna_hum ala_ maka_ natihim famas tata_u_ mudiy yaw wa la_ yarjiu_n
(67) And if it had been Our Will, We could have transformed them (into animals or lifeless objects) in their places. Then they would have been unable to go forward (move about) nor they could have turned back.
Wa man nuam mirhu nunak kis hu fil khalq afala_ yaqilu_n
(68) And he whom We grant long life – We reverse him in creation (weakness after strength). Will they not then understand?
Wa ma_ al lamna_hus sira wa ma_ yan bagil lah in huwa il la_ zikruw wa qur a_num mubin
(69) And We have not taught him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) poetry, nor is it suitable for him. This is only a Reminder and a plain Qur’an.
Liyunzira man ka_na hay yaw wa yahiq qal qaulu alal ka_firin
(70) That he or it (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم or the Qur’an) may give warning to him who is living (a healthy minded – the believer), and that Word (charge) may be justified against the disbelievers (dead, as they reject the warnings).
Awalam yarau an na_ khalaqna_ lahum mim ma_ amilat aidina_ an a_man fahum laha_ ma_likum
(71) Do they not see that We have created for them of what Our Hands have created the cattle, so that they are their owners.
Wa zal lalna_ha_ lahum faminha_ raku_buhum wa minha_ yakulum
(72) And We have subdued them unto them so that some of them they have for riding and some they eat.
Wa lahum fiha_ mana_fiu wa masya_rib afala_ yaskurun
(73) And they have (other) benefits from them, and they get (milk) to drink. Will they not then be grateful?
Wat takahuzu_ min du_nil la_hi a_lihatal la’at lahum yunsaru_n
(74) And they have taken besides Allah alihah (gods), hoping that they might be helped (by those so-called gods).
La_ yastatiu_na nasrahum wa hum lahum jundum muhdaru_n
(75) They cannot help them, but they will be brought forward as a troop against those who worshipped them (at the time of Reckoning).
Fala_ yahzunka qauluhum in na_ nalamu ma_ yusir ru_na wa ma_ yulinu_n
(surah yasin verse 76) So let not their speech, then, grieve you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم). Verily, We know what they conceal and what they reveal.
Awa lam yaral insa_nu an na_ khalaqna_hu min nutfatin fa iza_ huwa khasimum mubin
(77) Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah (mixed male and female sexual discharge – semen drops). Yet behold he (stands forth) as an open opponent.
Wa daraba lana_ matsalaw wa nasiya halqah qa_la may yuhyil iza_ma wahiya ramim
(78) And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: “Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust?”
Qul yuhyi hal lazi an sa aha_ aw wala mar rah wa huwa bikul li khalqin alim
(79) Say: (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) “He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation!”
Nil lazi ja’ala lakum minas sajaril akhdari na_ran fa iza_ antum minhu tu_qidu_n
(80) He Who produces for you fire out of the green tree, when behold you kindle therewith.
Awa laisal lazi khalaqnas sama_wa_ti wal arda biqa_dirin ala_ ay yakhluqa mitslahum bala_ wa huwal khal la_qul alim
(81) Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth, Able to create the like of them? Yes, indeed! He is the All-Knowing Supreme Creator.
In nama_ amruhu_ iza_ ara_da sai an ay yaqu_la lahu_ kun fayaku_n
(82) Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, “Be!” – and it is!
Fasubha_nal lazi biyadihi malaku_tu kul li sai aw wa ilaihi turjau_n
(surah yasin verse 83) So glorified be He and exalted above all that they associate with Him, and in Whose Hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him you shall be returned.
Surah Yasin MP3
Download surah yasin mp3 format from link (You’ll find quran Mp3s on site that may be downloaded and used for personal use free of charge. However, you may not use these files for commercial purposes): quranicaudio.com/sura/36
Surah Yasin PDF
Download it from this link (You can download it and you have right to print and distribute all quran on pdf format that published on the website, either mention the source,or without mentioning the source [like they mention on the website]): www.quran-pdf.com/en/
Surah Yasin Youtube Video
Listen to this amazing and beautiful video recitation of surah yasin from youtube:
Thanks for read quran from our website, may Alloh reward you and reward us Jannah, Aamiin. Don’t forget to share this page.
‘Uthman bin ‘Affan (r.a) reported: The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, “The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it.” [Al-Bukhari]